Named Information Officer (NIO) one-day interactive workshop
Duration: One day
Delivered virtually, at your own premises or at selected venues around the UK
See the NIO Event List for workshop dates. If there isn’t a course scheduled, why not contact TLC to arrange one at your premises?
Did you know that you might be eligible for AS-ET funding? Why not visit their website www.as-et.org.uk where you can find a bursary application form.
This workshop is for Named Information Officers (NIO), whether new or experienced in their role.
The NIO role provides focussed dissemination of information. To do this the NIO needs to determine who needs the information and provide it efficiently, in a format which the person needing the information can use (including the appropriate level for knowledge/skills), being aware that different groups may respond to different approaches, and being able to adapt accordingly. They will need to be able to provide guidance about where and how to search for information. LASA CPD points are awarded for attendance.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the NIO
- Develop processes to identify steps a NIO will need when preparing data retrieval / information gathering requests
- How to get the most out of search engines
- Have a better understanding of how to identify the best online resources for finding evidence on the desired topic
- Learn how to write key messages and information releases
- Develop effective communication strategies for a variety of internal stakeholders
- Utilize a variety of communication media
- Set up alerting systems for tracking new developments