Theatre Technician Workshop
Cost: £225 per person + VAT
Duration: Full day
Venue: At your own premises or at selected venues around the UK
See the Theatre Technician Event List for course dates. If there isn’t a course scheduled, why not contact TLC to arrange one at your premises?
Did you know that you might be eligible for AS-ET funding? Why not visit their website www.as-et.org.uk where you can find a bursary application form.
This workshop aims to enhance delegates’ theatre or procedural room maintenance and organizational skills, leading to improved research outcomes and animal welfare
By the end of the workshop participants will have the confidence and ability to work within the theatre procedural room environment. In addition they will have gained specialised knowledge and expertise in the general layout, function and preparation of a surgical operating theatre; documentation and record-keeping; communication skills; acting as a sterile assistant, peri operative and postoperative monitoring of small rodents; positioning laboratory animals for surgery; management of clinical waste; decontamination, sterilisation and infection control. LASA CPD points are available for attendance.
- Theatre preparation checklist and how to tailor it to your facility
- Organising your procedural room
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Preparation areas
- How to pack instruments and check that the pack is sterile
- How to fold and pack a gown
- How to glove properly
- Assisting the surgeon
- How to pass instruments and consumables in a sterile manner
- Reviewing and updating common theatre practices
- New products available to help the theatre assistant
Those attending this workshop will also have access to additional reading and reference material on the TLC E-Learning site specially designed to complement the face to face teaching and practical elements of the workshop