Introduction to Necropsy
This interactive workshop teaches correct use of equipment, preparation of a rodent carcass, organ identification and completing a necropsy report
Anatomy and Necropsy Techniques (rodents)
Cost: £300 per person + VAT
Duration: One day
Venue: At your own premises or at selected venues around the UK
See the Necropsy Event List for course dates. If there isn’t a course scheduled, why not contact TLC to arrange one at your premises?
Did you know that you might be eligible for AS-ET funding, why not visit their website www.as-et.org.uk where you can find a bursary application form.
At the end of this workshop students will be able to identify the major organs of the mammalian rodent, remove the tissues and prepare them for weighing and pathological examination.
- Prepare a rodent carcass for autopsy
- How to use correct equipment
- Identify major organs
- Understand the function of major organs
- Able to remove trim, clean and weigh organs and tissues
- Able to complete an autopsy sheet and record findings
- Able to identify and describe gross pathological changes
- Able to correctly choose the correct chemical preservative for tissue.
• I learned some really good techniques I can now use
• Everything was well explained, I have learnt a lot from this course
• Will recommend to others