The CurVet™ Imitation Training Aid
The CurVet Imitation Training aid is a purposely designed training aid to provide the skills required for humane and ethical handling and procedural competencies, without the need to use a live animal.
The Curvet rat model is British made using a material that does not include latex, but gives a unique sensitivity of a living specimen.
This model is ideal for both veterinary and biomedical establishments and has several unique features such as:
- Realistic dermatological skin, suitable for:
– Injections by most conventional routes
– Micro-chipping identification
– Handling and restraint (including the ability to scruff if required)
– The deliberate absence of fur enables this model to be cleaned and sanitised with an appropriate chemical sterilant.
- Head and spinal movement, including rear limbs
– Suitable for oral administration
– Lateral and ventral head movement
– Hard palate with incisors.
- Realistic removable tail with two lateral tail veins ideal for:
– Blood sampling
– Intravenous administration
– Insertion of a flexible catheter (Angiocath)
– Tail has a self sealing material hence long life span
– Additional tails can be purchased separately
– Artificial realistic non-toxic blood available
– Internal reservoir to hold artificial blood or remain empty to contain intravenous administration of saline.
- Realistic features such as:
– Pink extremities
– Fore and rear limbs
– Anus and rectum with limited aperture for thermoregulation monitoring i.e. clinical or digital thermometer
Adult rat size and weight approximately 350g
This model is NOT a toy, but a well thought out training aid to replace the use of a live animal to gain manual skill and competence, thus avoiding stress to both animal and handler.