Named Training and Competency Officer (NTCO)
Named Training and Competency Officers are responsible for ensuring that all those dealing with animals are adequately educated, trained, and supervised until they are competent and that they continue to undertake appropriate further training to maintain their expertise. This interactive workshop explores the role and responsibilities of the NTCO, the issues and challenges faced, and provides practical techniques, tools, and strategies to help both new and experienced delegates succeed in this essential and demanding role.
Cost: £225 per person + VAT
Duration: One day
Delivered virtually, at your own premises or at selected venues around the UK
See the NTCO Event List for workshop dates. If there isn’t a course scheduled, why not contact TLC to arrange a live webinar at your premises?
- Devise methods to ensure effective delivery of training and competency assessment and recording
- Understand how to advise individuals on their training requirements
- Develop skills to communicate and influence effectively
- Improve delivery of feedback to affirm competence and identify additional needs
- Understand barriers and develop strategies to manage resistance
- Identification of training needs and skills gaps
- Development and application of effective local standards
- Robust and effective training and competency recording systems
- Supporting continual professional development